Iron Sharpens Iron
Our friends at CrossFit OneWorld said it well….
We don’t care if you use chalk and leave some hand prints on the floor. Just keep your chalk use in check!
Here are some chalk facts:
- More chalk does not make you stronger or faster.
- Too much chalk is a sure fire way to tear your hands if you have a huge kipping pull-up or butterfly pull-up.
- Chalk should not be used when doing wallballs.
- You are not LeBron James. Pat off that excess chalk in the chalk bucket before you pull your hands out.
- Unless you have excessively sweaty hands, you should chalk only once or twice a workout. Anything more is just you finding an excuse to rest.